Sunday, August 10, 2014

Seven Sisters

August 10, 2014

Rakshabandhan’s over – or say almost over. A few more hours to go. And before today, I had never felt to nostalgic on this day. After all this has been my first Rakhi without home. Without mamma, papa, without Chetna, Ranjana, Shagun – Mamtai, Samtai, Kavitji – No one’s around…
I’m not mourning – but I am undoubtedly missing you girls!

And dear reader, with that word ‘Girls’ : You might be thinking – Missing Girls? Why not Brothers? Its Rakshabandhan – with Saavi being a girl of course. Your question is very much – like – obvious. So let me tell you – I have no brother and by God’s grace – I am blessed with 6 Sisters. So thet makes us 7 Sisters!!! YES SEVEN!!! Urgently a dialogue like – ‘Hum Rainbow ke Saat Rang hain’ can come in. But no dialogues. But yes my attachment with my sisters can be called as an e-mail’s – Everything is incomplete without them!

Also, as and when people hear this number 7 with real sisters, their brain sort of whirls and they come up with their wild imaginations – itne saare bachche – bad financial condition – crying babies – scolding father – troubled mother – being from a ‘Maru’ family, this is never an issue. With best financial health, all of us are well versed with the study part. Touch Wood!!! And we have actually been nourished like BOYS. My rights, my duties all as a male does… and I love my parents for this. They have never discriminated in us…+

So for now, because I really cannot write everything since my childhood – in a few paragraphs, just an intro to the lovely ladies in my life…

Manta Ji – Oh! Her name is not Manta – She is Mamta. But, I call her that way. She is the eldest (She won’t like this word though) amongst us. And fairest too. And her favorite pastime should be either worrying about us or giving us different names. Ya!!! She calls me Billu / Billbook / Baabti and don’t know what more!!! She is blessed with two children, but the child in her is still alive. To have a heart like her is what I can’t even dream of. Manta Ji! How do you really take care of all six of us? U know that even when you talk to me on phone I feel you are around. And one more thing – are you paid for being that beautiful (A revelation – My father rejected at least 50 guys to find a perfect match for my this beautiful sis.)

Samtai – Of course, even her name is not the same. But this is what I call Samta Jiji. Another sharp blessing in my life. SHARP?? Ehh Ya… She is the only one with whom my discussion can very well turn into an argument. Actually, since my childhood, I have seen her demanding perfection. Studies – she made us read. Clothes – She decided. Our Behavior – she guided. Ohh Godd!! How can she manage that much? Treating us like her children–more–than–sisters is what makes her character. And you know her best part – she keeps me so grounded. (Being a jock, we may be celebratising outside – but your family gives you the correct path.) And that’s what she does. Samtai – how can you keep us before your children??? I love you for your backbone babes!!!

Kavitji – With her name – frankly – my brain turns half confused and full short circuit. Afterall, Kavitji is being talked about. Kavitji is short for Kavita Jiji and technically - I can skip Jiji as she is just Paune Do Saal older to me. But then Kavitji – I am not that Bad… ;) And when you are my pair, how can I forget that you have been so caring (and even the care is worried about your care) that you have been the first person in my family to attempt a job. If by chance – I’m ever able to work as hard as you do – I’m sure I’ll be something! And finally a question… Feeling Like Married???

Chinks – With my shift from jiji to a short and modern name, dear reader, you should guess it right, Chinks is younger to me. She is my sister with wings. Seriously, she has dreams bigger than anybody else. And the differentiating point being, she has the power to fulfill them too. She sponsors her own studies; purchased her own vehicle and not to forget, carries me home on her gaddi. (Chinks! I am proud of you) She is the first one in my house to get her pic in newspaper. Class 10 above 90% and CA – IPCC cleared in first stance… Babes! I repeat – I should be envious, if you weren’t my sis. And Yes – are you still worried that I look younger to you despite our 5 years age difference?

Ranj – Oh God… How can somebody’s individual features be that beautiful? Ya… she is my second youngest sibling – Ranjana. And frankly, I had never thought that she would be rated as the most intelligent one in my family. (Ranj used to be a meek and gussu child. But suddenly, everything changed.) She holds 92% in class 12th and graduation first year topper (despite her bad health and vomit on an exam paper). Ranj - you amaze meas your thoughts are so very developing and you know how to manage. Your culinary skills are something I’d still like to learn and finally – you’ll look good in your wedding. :P HaHa!!

Shagghy – Dear Reader, Shagun is my youngest little sister. Her English amazed me even when she was in Class 2nd. Her sense of conversation was practically praised by my previous boss. I admit we all have been protective about her. And Shagghy, believe me – I haven’t seen a more beautiful child than you. You’ve grown now but I can’t forget the day when I took you in my arms. The way you made that beauty list and kept me at the bottom will always prick me – but that’s a sweet prick sweety. Keep your brains and care on! I love you!

And more than all this – Meri Family ke bare me itna hi – Isse zyada bore nahi karegi Saavi!

3 comments:

  1. :) ... btw today holiday mil gya nai toh voh bhi nai ... har barr ki tarah उत्सुकता se padha coz kuch + milta hai Saavi ke blog se .... <<< agle blog ke intezarr mein

    ReplyDelete
  2. you just great savi..me kabhi radio nahi sunta tha par ek baar tumhari marwari awaaz suni to me aap ka fan ho gaya..what a voice you have..go ahad savi ..miss you..i m latesh from jodhpur

    ReplyDelete