After reading the heading, I don’t know dear reader, what are you thinking. But I know… there was a fire.
No, I’m not talking about the fire in Hero’s eyes (Uski Aankhon Main Aag Thi…) or Ramgopal Verma ki aag! . I am talking of the actual fire that broke in my office on 21st April. Yes! Big FM Jodhpur’s office caught fire. A bad fire indeed. Smoke! Dark! Life Hazards!
I remember, it was 10 in the morning. I had just ended my show, and there was an expert in the office- Pt. Ramesh Bhojraj Dwivedi Sir with Updesh, Rahul, Raja Bhai Sahab, Narender Bhai Sahab and my co jock- Nikhil. We all were in the regular mood and were doing our daily stuff; but suddenly we realized- there was smoke rising, Rahul and Raja Bhaisaab ran upstairs to watch what had happened. Things seemed troublesome and my colleagues along with our expert rushed with the fire extinguishing resources to their part. But the wind had it’s will to destroy it all- hence, the fire couldn’t be controlled. We finally had to empty the premises. Because I am an asthamatic, my colleagues knew it was important to get me out safely. They did. We were out. But this fire taught me a few things:
1. It may not be your fault each time. The fire spread to our office that was located on the 2nd and 3rd floor. The fire originally broke on 1st floor, which certainly wasn't our premises, neither the fire break because of us!
2. Disasters never ask before happening. Teach your children to be informed and composed during a disaster. They can make things better.
3. What you preach on air helps. Yes! I say that on radio- be brave, informed. My information about the fire brigade and electricity department helped. My colleague asked me to call the fire brigade and electricity dept. I had the contacts in my list that really helped.
4. Government officials are good. Seriously, the fire brigade came in no time and the senior officers in electricity department were so vigilant that they sent 6 officers to my office to handle it all. Thank You Avinash Singhvi Sir! Thank You Sameer Kumar Sir for making the police conversations easier!
5. There will be a time when you will love your life more than anything else. Yes, as the fire broke- we didn’t even have the time to collect our bags.
6. Colleagues are wonderful. Yes, they are! They rescued me like never before. Special mention of our expert Pt. Ramesh Sir- he himself ran to help- without even bothering it was not his office. My team later got the things normal, they inspire!
7. You will find all sorts of people. Truly! On one hand some great minds rushed to help, the other great minds stood in the mob to ask some really funny questions.. like nuksaan hua hai kya?
8. A fire is nothing like the fire displayed in Sooraj Barjaatya’s Vivaah. It is dangerous. Much more than you can imagine. I think I could see something darker than night while we descended the stairs.
9. Small things have long consequences. Literally they have. The fire melted our Air conditioners and the machines perished too. A radio station takes a few months to be established. So you can imagine. A half an hour shook our lives. Just that we didn’t let our listeners be known about our troubles, but it is like your home being burnt – but the student living in the house moves to school every day. He reads, writes- but doesn’t tell his teacher- that his books, dress everything was burnt.
10. There are genuine people/listeners who love you. Receiving a handful of good wishes makes you go on. You think- bura hua, par chalo! Achche log to hain
11. Not everything is to be updated on the social sites. I’m glad hum mein se aisa koi nahi tha- jisne fire ke saath selfie lekar kaha ho- Office in fire. In fact, to be honest, we simply wrote- THE SHOW MUST GO ON… AND WITH GRACE.!
12. Radio is a wonderful place, we generally guide the others in disasters- but this place has taught us to help others, and that is why even we were able to cope up with the same. In fact, we are safe but the life after fire has been demanding a lot more hard work than others can imagine. Sabere se sham tak hum busy hain, par aapko lagta hai RJ banna easy hai!
13. We could have complained saying… ye humare saath hi kyu hua.. but life isn’t a filmi affair.. all we have to do is rise and be back to the game. I’m sure a lot of people have realized it today itself that my office caught fire after reading the blog! I think hum log to theek hi hain… we don’t cry in public. And even today, I have written the blog, because I wasn’t able to talk to my listeners.
14. We are here. Very much working, and handling all we can. All we need is the support of the listeners. And a little patience. In fact, I realize – we are not able to connect via phone lines. But social network hai na! Aur phir humari aadaten boyfriend girlfriend waali bhi nahi.. babu khaana khaya is not our question. But yes! We will be there to meet you, to be with you whenever you need us.
BLESS US! BE WITH US!
Aur OOPARWAALA KISI KE JEEVAN MEIN AAG NA LAGAAYE!