Saturday, April 14, 2018

Asifa waali Baat!


Life is... I don't know what!!
There are times we feel it's good.. the other times it may be a mess.

No dear reader, I have no personal problem to share at this moment. All I am troubled about is the eight year old who was raped and murdered in Kathua. Certainly, neither is this the first case, nor am I troubled the first time. Just that, I can't keep it inside right now. It's hurting, it's painful.

No, Asifa was not my relative- but she did share a bond- she was a girl. A sweetheart who could do wonders with her magical smile if she lived..
But! she was... I feel ashamed to say that I live in so called 'developing'nation- where some rascals haven't developed in their minds till date. They are the same snobs, who can't even gauge what it means to be a girl... Respect- the most necessary necessity of a girl is least in their minds. They are not even worth being called humans.

But tell you what... I am not writing to just talk about the incident. I mean more- I mean to the reason of this repeat telecast of emotional drain that affects those who face the brunt. To site an example, without naming a few people- I am telling you something. A few months ago, when I returned to Kota from Jodhpur, I was told about a bhaiya in the neighborhood. Sorry to call him "Bhaiya" so let's call him "L". This L is one person, who has a huge acceptance in his community- because the people think- "L can get any work done. Legal- Illegal.. all" Wow! A few months ago, a report in the newspaper told that this "L" has been arrested. Why? Because he had helped a few other men to deceive and mislead a girl. As in, Ek aadmi ne ladki ko shaadi karne ka jhansa diya, use physically, emotionally harass kiya ..aur iss aadmi ki madad ki - "L" ne.

I was happy then, after all Mr. L was arrested. That was justice. Wow. Immediately after the arrest, it was Diwali. Guess what! even after being aware of Mr. L's deeds- at least a dozen homes in my neighborhood did not celebrate Diwali. Unka Bhai jain mein jo tha! Uff! And before I could digest all this, one day I saw Mr. L roaming. After gathering the details I could understand- this man was free! And the day he returned, there was celebration.. Ohh No!How could these people celebrate his home coming. He helped in a girl's assault. Is that not unfortunate?? A criminal being silently supported.. Where are we heading? Just because he is your 'Bhai' - you will spare him?! Here, not just that criminal Mr. L was at mistake.. but also those who supported him were incorrect too... In-fact, I realize, this silent support itself is the cause of such worse conditions- where girls suffer.

I am sure there are people who will agree with me... aur agar aap ek female hain- we know.. ek gandi nazar bhi humein shool si chubhti hai.. Kayi baar iski shikayat koi sunta nahi- ya log izzat ke darr se chup karwa dete hai.. humein!!

Jabki saza milni chahiye use - jo galat nigaah se dekhta hai, aur unhe bhi jo bhaiprem se andhe hokar aise logon ko support karte hain...Yaad rahe jise aaj support kar rahe ho.. wo kal tumhare ghar ki santaan ke saath bhi zyadti kar sakta hai.. Baaki

Aap to mujhse zyada samajhdaar hain!

2 comments:

  1. What stopped you from sharing the details of Mr. L?
    Atleast people from other society should also get aware that some L is living close to their homes and warn their mothers, wives, daughters...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Saavi has done the most courageous job to atleast raise the issue...our law protects these bastards & Saavi alone can not fight against these goons..we have to stand together to fight

    ReplyDelete